(1 hour) Aimed at assessing students’ capacity to engage with the logical thinking typically required of students in Higher Education. The SRT accordingly assesses students’ ability to:
- identify appropriate evidence to support a claim or an argument;
- critique assumptions and thinking which underlie argument;
- evaluate the validity of evidence used to support claims;
- understand the nature of tentative or conclusive reasoning;
- see logical and pattern relationships between phenomena;
- understand the concept of “chance”.