UCT Careers Service supports students to take ownership of and make informed decisions about their futures through a broad range of career development consulting services and networking opportunities. Our award-winning, future-focused, and innovative service has been commended by both UCT students and employers locally and internationally for its professional service and for its effort to connect students to opportunities and support them on their career journey. Apart from a commitment to create career-ready graduates, the Service also has a strong focus on empowering student entrepreneurs.
UCT students can access:
- Free, confidential career consultations (subject/degree choice, changing course/degree, further study decisions, university to work transition).
- Advertised vacation work, part-time work, internships and graduate jobs.
- Help with CVs, applications, and interview preparation.
- Employer networking events (career expos, employer presentations and showcases)
- Bursary and scholarship information.
- Help with developing entrepreneurial skills.
- Career information and resources.
- Career educational presentations, webinars, and workshops.